A good morning routine can really set you up for the day.
One of my first blog posts was about mornings and why I love them so much. And I mean, I still love them, but my routine has definitely changed since that post went live. I wish I could still get up early and actually feel awake, but hey, adult life am I right? But if you’re interested in gaining a little insight into my daily life, keep on reading.
- First thing I do when my alarm goes off is hit snooze. Very original I know. I find it easier to get up on the first alarm early on in the week, but as the week goes on and my energy levels drop, I find it harder to get up. I have started setting my alarms a bit earlier to try and trick myself into getting up earlier…it works 50% of the time.
- The next thing I do is browse social media until I feel more awake, and get out of bed around 7-7:30 AM.
- Once I’m out of bed, I wander to the bathroom and start my skincare routine. I start off by cleansing my face with the Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel Cleanser and I’ll massage it in with my hands. Originally I was doing this step day and night with the Shiseido Cleansing Massage Brush, but I’m trying to give my skin a break from skincare, so I’m slowly removing steps. Some mornings, I won’t even cleanse, since I had already cleansed before going to bed.
Breaky! (the best part)
- Once I’m done cleansing, I head to the kitchen and make myself some coffee and breaky. I usually have oatmeal with fruit, or whatever random breakfast foods I happened to pick up that week.
- I’ll then take my breakfast into my bedroom and plop down at my desk. I examine my skin and check if anything needs any special attention, and proceed to moisturize and apply sunscreen. I don’t have a preference on which moisturizer I use, but I’ve been testing out some higher-end sunscreens to help prevent breakouts and all that. I’m currently using the Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream.
- Once that’s done, I eat a bit of breakfast, open up my laptop and set up a queue of YouTube videos and catch up with all of my subscriptions while I do my hair and makeup. I usually do my hair and makeup sort of at the same time – I’ll do one section of hair, then concealer, then hair, brows, etc..
Get dressed and run!
- Once I’m done eating and doing my hair and makeup, I spend sometimes a stupid amount of time picking out an outfit, and then run out the door.
And there you have it; my morning routine.
What’s your morning routine like? Leave it in the comments below!